MGEF is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations are tax deductible. We have created a system that ensures that donor funds are spent as specified. In all aspects of our work, detailed documentation is required, from the student applications to the cost of education. Applicants for scholarships are selected by Kajiado board members, after verifying the financial or cultural need as presented in the application and a visit to the applicant’s family.
MGEF staff meets every student, visits schools regularly to talk to teachers and students, and receives reports from schools every term. All Kajiado organization expenses are paid by check, whenever possible. Copies of the checks and all receipts are submitted to MGEF monthly and reviewed. All school fees are paid directly to the schools, after receiving official school fee statements from the schools.
MGEF is audited every year by an independent accounting firm. Below are copies of our most recent audited statements and Form 990.
- Form 990 FY 2015 Public Disclosure.pdf 536 kB
- Form 990 FY 2014 Public Disclosure.pdf 402 kB
- Audited Financial Statements FY 2014.pdf 389 kB
- Form 990 FY 2013 Public Disclosure.pdf 406.06 KB
- Audited Financial Statements FY 2013.pdf 1.24 MB
- Form 990 FY 2012 Public Disclosure.pdf 412.21 KB
- Audited Financial Statements FY 2012.pdf 355.02 KB
- Form 990 FY 2011 Public Disclosure.pdf 376.28 KB
- Audited Financial Statements FY 2011.pdf 361.01 KB
- Form 990 FY 2010 Public Disclosure.pdf 2.34 MB
- 2010 Audited Statements.pdf 245.01 KB
- Form 990 FY 2009 Public Disclosure.pdf 264.91 KB
- Audited Statements FY 2009.pdf 239.49 KB